Saturday, February 16, 2013

CABLE FAIL!!!




Talk about trying to fit a square peg in a round hole!  I was videotaping my son's school talent show the other night and was in the process of setting up.  I ran an XLR cable from the back of the room where the camera sat to the front of the school auditorium.  I was hooking up a microphone in front of the stage to capture audio to the camcorder I was using.  I made sure I had the right end of the cable to attach to the mic: female XLR cable end to male XLR microphone attachment.  Everything looked fine and I proceeded to gaffer tape down the 50 feet or more of cable to the auditorium floor.  I went to connect the microphone to the cable and discovered that I had a male cable end to attach to a male microphone end.  WRONG!  Somewhere in the process of setting up the cable, I had screwed up!  I rushed to take the gaffer tape off and reverse the cable so that I had the right orientation and then started to retape.  I got about half way up the floor before I ran out of tape....Well, that's another story.

No comments:

Electronic and Experimental Music